501 Broad St Gadsden, AL 35901
Imagination Place is a community landmark just for kids. Located in beautiful renovated downtown Gadsden, AL. s, Free for children up to 24 months and under. Admission Fee if older than 24 months
All kinds of activities for kids, Kids play area's
Mon – Sat 10 am until 5 pm
Sun 1 pm until 5 pm
Closed on the first Monday every month
Imagination Place is a children’s museum located in downtown Gadsden, Alabama, and is a great destination for families looking to have some fun while learning. The museum offers a variety of interactive exhibits that aim to engage children and stimulate their imaginations.
One of the most popular exhibits at Imagination Place is the “Tot Spot,” which is specifically designed for toddlers and young children. This exhibit features a variety of hands-on activities that encourage kids to explore, climb, and play in a safe and fun environment. Children can enjoy the ball pit, slide, and other interactive displays.
Another popular exhibit at Imagination Place is the “Your House, My House” exhibit, which encourages children to learn about the different types of homes and how people live around the world. This exhibit features replicas of houses from different countries, as well as interactive displays that allow children to learn about different cultures and traditions.
The “Art Studio” at Imagination Place is also a favorite among children, as it offers a space for kids to explore their creativity and express themselves through art. Children can participate in art workshops, create their own masterpieces, and learn about different artists and art styles.
In addition to these exhibits, Imagination Place also offers a variety of special events and educational programs throughout the year. These programs include storytelling sessions, science workshops, and even summer camps, all of which aim to encourage children to learn and explore in a fun and engaging way.
One of the things that sets Imagination Place apart from other children’s museums is its focus on community involvement. The museum regularly partners with local businesses and organizations to host events and programs that are both educational and fun for children and their families.
Imagination Place is also committed to making its exhibits and programs accessible to all children, regardless of their background or abilities. The museum offers special sensory-friendly events for children with sensory processing disorders, as well as programs for children with disabilities.
Overall, Imagination Place is a fantastic destination for families looking to have some fun while learning. With its interactive exhibits, educational programs, and focus on community involvement and accessibility, the museum is a true gem in downtown Gadsden, Alabama.
Ten of the best things to do around Gadsden, Alabama:
- Visit the Noccalula Falls Park and experience the 90-foot waterfall, nature trails, botanical garden, and other outdoor recreational activities.
- Explore the historic downtown district, with unique shops, restaurants, and cultural landmarks such as the Mary G. Hardin Center for Cultural Arts.
- Go fishing, boating, or swimming at the scenic Coosa River, which runs through Gadsden.
- Hike the Chief Ladiga Trail, a 33-mile rail trail that passes through Gadsden and offers scenic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Take a tour of the Gadsden Museum of Art, which showcases local and regional artists in a variety of mediums.
- Attend a performance at the historic Pitman Theatre, a restored 1930s-era movie house that now hosts live music, theater, and other events.
- Visit the Alabama International Dragway for high-speed drag racing action.
- Go on a shopping spree at the Gadsden Mall, featuring over 60 stores and restaurants.
- Take a scenic drive along the Lookout Mountain Parkway, which winds through scenic natural areas and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Explore the nearby Little River Canyon National Preserve, which offers hiking trails, waterfalls, and stunning natural scenery.