For more than 50 years Dr. J.C. Francis practiced medicine on court square in this small Greek Revival style office. The office is located just one block from it's current location on Gayle ave behind regions bank.. The museum was listed on the national register of Historic places in 1970 and is currently a museum.
Dr. Francis’ Medical Museum is one of the last remaining mid-19th-century Greek Revival medical offices in Alabama. The museum contains pharmaceutical tools ,apothecary jars, surgical kits, old medical kits, medical books and journals from the 1800's.