439 Victoria Lane Florala, AL 36442
Lake Jackson RV Campground & Park in Alabama is a natural wonderland located on the border between Alabama and Florida. Its unique features include the crystal-clear Lake Jackson, 28 campsites, and three cabins for rent. The park offers a variety of recreational activities such as fishing, boating, swimming, and hiking trails. The best time to visit depends on personal preference, with summer being the busiest due to the warmer weather and school vacations. The park's Florala Memorial Park and Geneva County Covered Bridge are must-see attractions, and the park is also conveniently located near other popular attractions such as Gulf Coast beaches and the town of Andalusia. Lake Jackson RV Campground & Park is a beautiful destination to escape city life and enjoy nature year-round.
The park is home to Lake Jackson, where visitors can go paddle boating, swimming, and fishing for bass, crappie, and bream. There are several scenic hiking and biking trails throughout the park, offering stunning views of the lake and surrounding landscape. Visitors can also have a family picnic at one of the park's picnic areas, let their kids have fun at the playground, or rent one of the park's cabins for a cozy stay surrounded by nature. The park also offers camping at its 28 campsites, equipped with water and electricity. Nearby attractions include the Geneva County Covered Bridge and the historic town of Andalusia, where visitors can shop, dine, and visit sites like the Three Notch Museum.
Lake Jackson RV Campground & Park, located in Covington County, Alabama, just a few miles from the Florida state line, is a natural wonderland that draws visitors from both Alabama and Florida year-round. One of the park’s most unique features is its namesake, Lake Jackson. This natural freshwater lake covers 500 acres and has a maximum depth of 18 feet, offering visitors a variety of recreational activities, including fishing, boating, and swimming. The lake is also surrounded by scenic hiking trails that offer stunning views of the water and surrounding landscape.
Lake Jackson RV Campground & Park is also home to a campground with 28 campsites equipped with water and electricity, some of which offer a lakefront view. There are also three cabins available for rent, each with its own kitchen and bathroom facilities. The park is open year-round, but the summer months tend to be the busiest due to warmer weather and school vacations. If you prefer a quieter experience, consider visiting in the spring or fall when the weather is mild, and the crowds are smaller.
The park also hosts a variety of seasonal events throughout the year, such as a Christmas light display during the holiday season. Visitors can also explore the Florala Memorial Park, located within the park grounds, which commemorates the service of veterans from Covington County and includes a memorial wall, an honor walk, and a patriotic gazebo. Another must-see attraction is the Geneva County Covered Bridge, a historic bridge built in 1900 that spans the Choctawhatchee River and offers stunning views of the water and surrounding countryside.
For those interested in outdoor recreation, Lake Jackson RV Campground & Park has plenty to offer, including a playground, picnic area, and several miles of hiking trails that wind through the park’s forests and offer opportunities to see wildlife such as deer, squirrels, and birds. The park also has a boat ramp, making it easy to launch your own watercraft and explore the lake at your leisure.
Finally, Lake Jackson RV Campground & Park is located just a short drive from several other popular attractions in the area, including the Gulf Coast beaches, which are just an hour’s drive away, and the nearby town of Andalusia, which offers a variety of shopping and dining options, as well as historic sites such as the Three Notch Museum.
In conclusion, despite no longer being an Alabama state park, Lake Jackson RV Campground & Parkremains a unique and beautiful destination in Alabama, offering visitors a chance to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy some time in nature. Whether you visit in the summer or fall, there is always something to see and do at Lake Jackson RV Campground & Park. So why not pack up the car and head down to this beautiful park for your next vacation?
Here are some of the best outdoor destinations near Lake Jackson RV Campground & Park:
- Conecuh National Forest: Located just a short drive from the park, this 83,000-acre forest offers opportunities for hiking, camping, hunting, and fishing.
- Point A Lake: This 700-acre lake is located just 10 miles from the park and offers opportunities for boating, fishing, and swimming.
- Gulf Coast beaches: Just an hour’s drive from the park, the Gulf Coast beaches offer visitors miles of white sandy beaches, turquoise waters, and opportunities for sunbathing, swimming, and water sports.
- Blackwater River State Forest: Located in nearby Florida, this state forest offers over 190,000 acres of forests, streams, and rivers, and offers opportunities for hiking, biking, camping, and fishing.
- Blue Springs State Park: Also located in Florida, this state park is known for its crystal-clear springs and offers opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving.
- Eglin Air Force Base: This military base is home to several outdoor recreation areas, including beaches, lakes, and forests, and offers opportunities for fishing, camping, and hunting.
- Gulf Islands National Seashore: Located just a short drive from the park, this national seashore offers visitors miles of white sandy beaches, crystal-clear waters, and opportunities for swimming, fishing, and hiking.
These are just a few examples of the many outdoor destinations near Lake Jackson RV Campground & Park that offer visitors a chance to experience nature at its finest.