300 Church St SW Huntsville, AL 35801
The Huntsville Museum of Art is a must-visit destination in Huntsville, Alabama, boasting a diverse collection of American and European art, engaging educational programs, and breathtaking surroundings in Big Spring International Park. The museum's rotating exhibitions and special events ensure there's always something new to explore for art lovers of all ages. The Huntsville Museum of Art has over 3,000 Art objects, 19th and 20th century American art, regionally significant collection of American artists with ties to Alabama, works by 250 American women artists active between 1850 and 1940.
At the Huntsville Museum of Art, visitors can enjoy exploring its permanent collection, engaging with temporary exhibitions, participating in educational programs and workshops, and discovering the beautiful outdoor sculptures in Big Spring International Park. The museum also serves as an event space for special occasions. Exhibitions and Programs, Store, Shop,Tours, Special Events, Dine at Pane e Vino, Museum Academy-art classes, Workshops.
Visit beautiful historic downtown and Big Springs Park Huntsville, Alabama!
Learn about America's space program and the history of space travel. U.S. Space and Rocket Center
Tuesday 11 - 5 p.m.
Wednesday 11 - 5 p.m.
Thursday 11 - 8 p.m.
Friday 11 - 5 p.m.
Saturday 11 - 5 p.m.
Sunday 12 - 5 p.m.
Dive into the vibrant world of art and culture at the Huntsville Museum of Art, nestled in the heart of Huntsville, Alabama. This stunning museum has been a cherished destination for art lovers and history buffs alike since its inception in 1970. With a collection that spans various time periods, styles, and mediums, the museum is a testament to the city’s dedication to preserving and celebrating artistic heritage.
Step back in time as you explore the museum’s permanent collection, which showcases American and European art from the 18th century to the present. Discover the works of renowned artists such as John Singer Sargent, Frank Stella, and Andy Warhol, alongside local talent like David Parrish and Nall. A visit to the Huntsville Museum of Art is a journey through artistic evolution, providing an unparalleled glimpse into the creative minds of the past and present.
The museum’s dedication to the community shines through its robust education and outreach programs. Children and adults alike can unleash their inner artists through workshops, art classes, and special events designed to foster creativity and inspire a lifelong love for the arts. Whether you’re a seasoned painter or new to the world of art, there’s something for everyone at the Huntsville Museum of Art.
Each year, the museum hosts a variety of temporary exhibitions, ensuring that there’s always something new to discover. These exhibitions range from contemporary photography and sculpture to retrospectives of iconic artists, providing visitors with a diverse array of artistic experiences. Don’t miss the annual Youth Art Month, where the museum celebrates the creative spirit of local students with a juried exhibition of their work.
Located in the picturesque Big Spring International Park, the Huntsville Museum of Art’s breathtaking surroundings complement its impressive collection. Stroll through the park’s lush landscape and enjoy the outdoor sculptures, or relax by the tranquil waters of the nearby lagoon. The museum’s striking architecture is a work of art in itself, offering an inspiring backdrop for your visit.
If you’re looking to commemorate your visit, the museum’s gift shop offers an array of unique souvenirs and art-related items. From books and prints to jewelry and home décor, there’s something for everyone to cherish. As you browse, know that your purchase helps support the museum’s mission to enrich the lives of the Huntsville community through art.
In addition to its collection and exhibitions, the Huntsville Museum of Art serves as a premier event space for weddings, corporate gatherings, and private parties. With its elegant and versatile facilities, the museum offers an unforgettable setting for your special occasion. Let the beauty of art and the sophistication of the museum create memories that last a lifetime.
Experience the magic of the Huntsville Museum of Art for yourself and uncover the rich tapestry of artistic expression that awaits. Whether you’re a casual art enthusiast or a seasoned collector, the museum offers a captivating and memorable experience for all who walk through its doors.
Top Attractions Near the Huntsville Museum of Art:
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center: A must-visit for space enthusiasts, this museum showcases the history of space exploration and offers interactive exhibits and artifacts, such as the Saturn V rocket and a space shuttle.
- Burritt on the Mountain*: Explore this living historymuseum set atop Monte Sano Mountain, featuring restored 19th-century buildings, beautiful nature trails, and panoramic views of Huntsville.
- Alabama Constitution Village: Step back in time and immerse yourself in the history of Alabama’s statehood at this open-air museum, where costumed interpreters bring the early 19th century to life.
- EarlyWorks Children’s Museum: A perfect destination for families, this interactive museum offers hands-on exhibits and educational activities, fostering a love for learning and history in young minds.
- Von Braun Astronomical Society Planetarium: Discover the wonders of the universe at this state-of-the-art planetarium, offering informative presentations and stargazing events for astronomy enthusiasts of all ages.
- Weeden House Museum: Visit the historic home of celebrated artist and poet Maria Howard Weeden, and learn about her life and work through guided tours and beautifully preserved exhibits.
- Huntsville Botanical Garden: Experience the beauty of nature at this 112-acre garden, featuring stunning themed areas, walking trails, a butterfly house, and seasonal events suitable for all ages.
- Madison County Nature Trail: This scenic nature trail on Green Mountain offers visitors a chance to explore the great outdoors with hiking trails, a covered bridge, and picturesque picnic spots.
- Sci-Quest Hands-on Science Center: A fun and interactive destination for both children and adults, this science center provides over 100 hands-on exhibits that inspire curiosity and learning.
- The Historic Huntsville Depot Museum: Delve into Huntsville’s railroad history at this well-preserved depot, which now serves as a museum showcasing train-related artifacts, exhibits, and guided tours.
- Huntsville Museum of Military History: Honor the sacrifices of military personnel and learn about American military history through an extensive collection of artifacts, vehicles, and exhibits at this engaging museum.
In the vicinity of the Huntsville Museum of Art, there are a wealth of attractions that cater to diverse interests, from history and space exploration to family-friendly activities and immersive experiences in nature.